The Best CC Creams for Mature Skin That'll Make Skin Look Younger
Dermablend Continuous Correction CC Cream
Dermablend Continuous Correction CC Cream has been dermatologist tested for safety, allergies and sensitive skin. It is fragrance-free, phthalate-free and vegan. The formula is lightweight but still provides full coverage and has SPF 50 for exceptional protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It is also clinically tested to improve skin’s radiance after four weeks.
“I’ve been using this product for a long time and will continue to do so,” says five-star reviewer Kelsey. “It is extremely high coverage, a little goes a long way and it doesn’t look or feel heavy or cakey. It holds up all day over my extremely oily skin as well.”
- 16 shades
- Provides excellent coverage for spots and redness
- Lasts up to 24 hours
- Over 1,200 five-star Amazon ratings
Best for staying power
Physicians Formula Super CC Cream
This affordable Super CC Cream from Physicians Formula provides light to medium coverage for dark spots, uneven skin tone, redness, pores and wrinkles. With SPF 30, it’s suitable for sensitive skin, is hypoallergenic, doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients and is cruelty-free.
- Lasts up to 24 hours
- Feels lightweight on skin
- Has an SPF of 30
- Contains micro-color correcting pigments
- Over 1,200 ratings, averaging 4.2 stars on Amazon
What to look for when buying a CC cream for mature skin
CC creams fix or correct skin imperfections, such as redness, uneven tone and age spots, without covering them up like a foundation. they blur the lines so that the skin shines through. When shopping for a CC cream, Taylor suggests looking for buzz words on the label—hydrating, hyaluronic acid, anti-aging, SPF and luminous. CC creams go by undertones, not skin color.
- Skin Type: For dry skin, look for a CC cream with plenty of hydration. For oily skin, opt for an oil-free cream.
- Heaviness: Some CC creams are heavier than others. For a lightweight feel, look for those with a thinner consistency. Use thick or pasty creams for a more substantial feel.
- Finish: Common finishes for CC creams are matte or luminous. They typically say what type of finish is on the label. Luminous finishes give a radiant or dewy look.
- Ingredients: Look for ingredients that work with mature skin. Most, but not all, CC creams contain SPF, so if it is essential, look for SPF and the number on the label.
Types of best cc creams for mature skin
The best CC creams for mature skin contain hydrating ingredients and anti-aging additives. Look for ingredients such as niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, peptides and collagen.
How we found the best cc creams for mature skin
As shopping experts, our job is to help you find the product that works best for you. We start with research. We look at the ingredients of each product and how much they cost to ensure we recommend quality products worth your time and money. Then we look at the features and ask industry experts for their perspectives. Lastly, we look at product reviews to find out what people like and don’t like about it.
Should CC cream be lighter or darker than my skin?
CC cream should be one shade darker than your skin. “While past advice told us that we should go lighter to cover up imperfections, the opposite is true,” Taylor says. “We should be adding color, not taking it away.”
Do you put concealer on before or after CC cream?
A multipurpose CC cream works as a primer, concealer, foundation, highlighter, moisturizer, and potentially a sunscreen.
What’s next after applying CC cream?
You don’t need to apply anything to the face serum after a CC cream. However, some people put on foundation, using the CC cream as an all-over concealer. Some people also like putting on a finishing coat, such as a tinted foundation or blush, to add color.
About the Expert
- Erika Taylor is a makeup artist and cosmetic trainer with over 25 years of experience in the industry. She shares beauty tips, recommendations and tutorials on her TikTok and Instagram.
Stop hunting for the best products and deals—get our expert scoop on secret sales and discounts, gift ideas for everyone and can’t-miss products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.