How to use Google Duet AI in Google Sheets
Google Duet AI is an artificial intelligence (AI) engine that integrates with Google Workspace applications such as Google Sheets. Here's how to use Duet AI in Google Sheets to improve productivity.
How to access and use Duet AI in Google Sheets
To use Duet AI in Google Sheets, you need to do the following:
1. You must first create a Google Workspace account if you want to access Google Workspace Labs.
2. Go to the Google Workspace Labs website. You will be asked to enter your Google login if not using a web browser where you are signed in to your Google account.
3. Once logged in, you will be redirected to the Labs registration page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, check the relevant boxes and click Submit - be sure to check the privacy notice and terms of service first!
5. You will receive confirmation that you can now access Google's Workspace Lab.
6. While it may not be immediate (as Google is still rolling out the feature), you will eventually be able to access Duet AI in Google Sheets. To test, go to the Google Sheets home page on your computer and open a new sheet.
7. Click the Help me organize (Labs) icon in the top left corner (it looks like a table with a star shape). When you click, the Help me organize tab will be opened on the right side of the page.
8. Insert a prompt for any packages you want to create and click Create.
9. Once the response has been created, you can click Insert. You can also rate recommendations using the like or dislike icon. You may be asked to provide additional feedback after rating.
Under the Help me organize tab, you'll see that Google plans to update Duet AI for Sheets to help you edit and analyze the content in an existing spreadsheet - rather than just creating new sheets with custom templates.
How Duet AI for Google Sheets can help you improve your productivity
Here are two ways you can benefit from accessing Duet AI in Google Sheets.
1. Favorable start for organizing activities
With Duet AI for Google Sheets, you can create spreadsheets based solely on your reminders. You don't need to format any cells or input for the AI assistant to create a custom plan for your activities.
This gives you a good starting point. Whether you want to create a data entry form, a budget management plan, or a goal tracking system, all you have to do is describe what you want to achieve and Duet AI will create a plan for you. help you get started.
Of course, you can edit the columns to better suit you after inserting the created table.
2. Data classification and analysis
Google plans to update Duet AI for Sheets to provide classification and analysis tools. This means that Duet AI can understand the context of your data and label the relevant cells. It's also possible that the AI assistant can suggest autofill options, detect duplicates, and validate your data types in Google Sheets, reducing the burden of data entry.
Additionally, with analytics tools, Duet AI can recommend relevant formulas, filters, functions, and pivot tables. This will help you analyze user feedback, survey input, and test results.